Stepping Out Of My Comfort Zone | 5 Items Every Mom Needs In Her Closet


As  I hit 30 last year I realized I wasn't as old as I thought. LOL. I dreaded 30 so much. I felt like I was supposed to be this older woman with a different view on life and super strict and never have fun. Cause lets face it, fun was for my twenties. Right? Wrong. I was so wrong. 30 didn't have to mean "old". Now approaching 31, I feel younger than ever.  Since being in this "old" woman mind set I thought for sure that I was too old to be wearing ripped jeans and other trendy items. So, I despised them. Until I saw a few ladies my age and beyond on Instagram wearing them and I thought, "yup, I'm going to wear ripped jeans too"! I watched a DIY video and got out some jeans that were too big for me and I altered them. They are too cute. So, I feel like I should totally step out side of my comfort zone and live a little on the edge, I said a little. I'm still a vintage girl at heart.

Here I am in my new "hip" ripped jeans and a list of things that every mom needs in here closet to bring a little sexy into the mix.

1. Heels. I legit only have two pair. Yes. I know. You can laugh. But I like those two and I feel they bring a certain woman-hood to my closet. I feel wonderful in them. That's what matters most.

2. Something See through. A few years back I bought a see through black shirt. Not knowing how see through it was. But I have only worn it once. Can you believe I didn't think it was appropriate? Because I'm a mom and I'm supposed to cover ALL the way up LOL Well I bought a cute Bra-Lette and wore that shirt. Its my favorite shirt now.
3. A lacy number. I have been wanting a white lacy top or dress for ages. I found one recently and I love it. The back is so cute. Your closet isn't complete without one.


4. Fitted Jeans. Now, I don't like to ware jeans often. So I opt for jeggings. I like them to be fitted. They go with anything and perfect for the "on the go" mom. I used to wear the baggiest jeans. SO not flattering.
5. Off the shoulder top. A little sexy never hurt anyone. I like to show a little skin in off the shoulder tops. They are totally a staple this summer.


So, there you have it. Stepping out of your comfort zone can be a wonderful thing. Even when It comes to your wardrobe. As a mom I often think I have to look a certain way and compromise being myself because of it. But I have learned that we only hinder our growth when doing that. I love the idea of adding new pieces to my closet. What are some new pieces you've recently added or would like to add? Lets chat in the comments. Thanks for spending a few moments with me today.



Comments

  1. I believe this is one of the so much vital information for me.
    And i am satisfied studying your article. But want to
    observation on some basic things, The site taste is perfect, the articles is in reality
    gunmetal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment